preparing for launch: Summer 2021
Have your own message of 200 characters fly in space!
Once in space, your message will orbit the Earth, engraved on one of the outer panels of the Aeternum spacecraft, the progress of which can be tracked in real time over the Earth with our complementary Satellite Tracking Service. Eventually the spacecraft will reenter and burn-up in the atmosphere, causing your message to flash across the sky, appearing as a shooting star to observers on the ground.
You will be able to write your message of up to 200 characters (including spaces). All messages have to be written in English. This message will then be laser etched onto one of the panels of our spacecraft, in Times New Roman font size 8.
Once the etching process is complete, a picture of the completed panel, with your message and those of others, will be photographed and displayed on the Aeternum website. You will receive regular updates of the mission’s progress right up to a live video feed of the launch, all of which will be accessible through our website. After launch, you will also be able to track the spacecraft using our Satellite Tracking Service, until it reenters and burns-up in the Earth’s atmosphere, appearing as a shooting star in the sky.
- Your 200 character message engraved on one of the outer panels of the Aeternum spacecraft.
- Launch of your engraved message into space and orbit around the Earth.
- Photographic and videoed mission updates on the Aeternum website, as well as emailed updates specific to your involvement (showing your message being etched on a panel and that panel being integrated onto the spacecraft).
- Live video feed of the launch on our website.
- Carefully edited and produced video of the entire mission, from the manufacture of your spacecraft to its launch.
- Personalised certificate of mission completion, celebrating your involvement in a space mission.
- Real-time tracking service so you will always know what point on the Earth your message will be flying over.